As some of you may or may not know, I'm working on a few tutorials for a dark-themed craft group I belong to. So in celebration for this most remarkable of upcoming holidays in conjunction with this great tutorial opportunity, I thought I'd make one how-to about creating safe, fun, truly inexpensive and super-easy costumes for our furry family. :)
Now, I'm well on the way to being done (or, at least half way finished) w/my items for the felt pet costume tutorial. I've written a TON of wordy stuff that'll probably never actually make it to the how-to itself, but at least now I can say I do have one decent portion of the required work done- my boycat Skye's vampire/Dracula costume! ^_^
If you'd like to see a few more views (or other arts & crafts projects of mine). you can visit my FB page here. :)
All this took was:
- a little time,
- some scissors,
- 3 standard rectangular pieces of that 37-cent felt you can get at your neighborhood superstore,
- some Fabric Tac (i.e. fabric glue),
- a few super-inexpensive faux jewels (they come in a bag for like $2.99 for a whole mish-mosh of fake "stones"),
- some cording,
- a few quick dashes of Night Star glitter fabric paint,
- and a teeny bit of sparkle on the cape for flavor.
Now the decision is; what to do next?
Write more of the tutorial? ..Or start on my girlcat Ouna's faerie costume..?
Anyhoo, hope you guys like, and Happy Halloween!
Yours in Spooky, Halloween-Excited Glee,